jane

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Homeschool mom's devotional

The first time we homeschooled (when my now-6th grader was in 1st grade) I looked for (and found) a devotional book written expressly for homeschool moms.  We have our own unique problems and triumphs and I thought it would help me to have better ways to turn to God and better things for which to pray.  And a good support system, too.  The book I found (there are probably others) is called "101 Devotions for Homeschool Moms" by Jackie Wellwood.  She has 7 kids that she homeschools.  Incidentally, all their names start with "J."  I just remembered about that book a few weeks ago, found it on our book shelf, and pulled it out and put it on my bedside table.  I read one devotion every night (well, almost every night:)) at bedtime.  They are encouraging and concise and even have a few thought-provoking questions at the end that you can answer...preferably not out loud or you might freak out your husband.  So far, I have been able to personally identify with most of the devotions.  It is always an encouragement to know we aren't alone in our struggles.  If y'all have a good devotional, let me know.  I am sure there are other good ones out there.      

No comments: