jane

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Geo Bee

Maiah and Anya are participating in the homeschool geography bee.  The winner will participate in the Grand Rapids regional bee.  They missed one practice, b/c we didn't know about the bee, but went to one in Nov.  Now the one in Dec. is cancelled b/c of a family emergency, so there isn't another practice before the Bee on Jan. 5.  At the one practice they attended, they had to label on a map the countries and capital cities of Central America and South America.  How many of you could do that?!?!  Before this, I could've told you most of the countries of both places, but pretty much no capitals.  But now I have been helping them study, so I know them all.  At the practice that has been cancelled, they were supposed to know the countries and capitals of Africa and Asia.  Wow, that is a lot to know!  We are working on those.  I am thinking they did Europe and the US at the first practice we missed, but those the most familiar to me, so it is easier to help with those.  I think this is a great experience for the girls.  A great way to learn geography, which is a favorite subject of mine.  I will let you know how the Bee goes. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Homeschooling keeps mom smart. :)