jane

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Getting Life in Order

Well, I just unpacked 2 more boxes, after not upacking any for a few weeks...isn't that awful?!  But man, real life just gets in the way!  It would be sooo nice if normal life could be put on hold until the rooms were set up and all the boxed stuff put away.  As it is, most of my time is spent homeschooling the kids (or researching, lesson planning etc), making meals, doing laundry, doing errands and keeping the house in order, so that the things still left in boxes start to look like a part of the decor!  Today I revolted against that by unpacking the 2 boxes sitting in the dining room.  I hope to get to the 2 in the kitchen as well.  I love to be organized and have a place for everything, so it is stressful for me when I see the mess.  I like the house to be straightened up, everything put away, but I am not as good at the actual cleaning...mopping floors, dusting.  Jason and I make a good pair b/c he doesn't mind stepping over stuff (which he does quite often without picking it up and it drives me nuts!) but he hates dirt and dust.  Not that he ever mops the floors or dusts...      

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You made me smile. I still have unpacked boxes and I moved in July! I am trying to get the last of it out of the way before my knee surgery...but it is hard to get all that done while homeschooling and taking care of life! Plus, I think you have to live in the house for a little while to let it sink in where you want everything.