jane

Monday, November 10, 2008

Calvin Alumni Board

I just got back from my first meeting of the Grand Rapids chapter of the Calvin Alumni Association.  Sounds pretty official, doesn't it?  Pretty good for a SAHM. :)  I was involved with the Calvin alumni in South Bend, in the years 2002-2003, where I started the first Calvin/Hope Satellite Game Watch for that area...it is still going strong.  I also started a Calvin Alumni group in Louisville, where we hosted 2 game watches, Jan. 2007 and Jan. 2008.  We also took a trip to the Louisville Slugger Museum, which was great.  When I moved back here to GR, I figured that with so dang many Calvin grads around, they wouldn't need anyone to help with the Alumni.  Boy, was I wrong!  Donna Joyce practically begged me to be involved...very flattering!  So though I am new to the GR chapter, I am not new to alumni stuff.  It is fun to be involved again.  Coincidentally, Mike TerBeek also attended his first meeting tonight... small world.  I think it is a 3-year rotation...not sure if you can get back on if you want sometime later.  So I am going to be on the "Christmas at the Bookstore" committee along with the "Calvin Spring Classic 5K Run" committee.  Should be fun.  I remember I ran in the 5K my freshman year at Calvin and won a prize, a Howard Jones CD.  I was way excited.  Woohoo!  I encourage you to go to "Calvin Around the Town" events, one of which is next Tues. Nov. 18 at the new Burton Elementary-Middle School.  Sounds pretty impressive...they have their own medical and dental clinic!  I can go for free, one of the perks, I guess!  :)    

No comments: