jane

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New school year!

So I have a goal this year of writing more on my blog. I am hoping once a week, it is mostly just getting into the habit, I think. And if I do them regularly, they don't have to be super long.
We are having a "soft opening" of school this week. Finishing up summer reading, figuring out and buying school supplies, getting everyone their books, finishing up planning, getting the last minute curriculum etc. Next Monday we start full steam ahead.
Yesterday was my oldest's birthday, she is now 14! I think she had a good day. She just got her own bedroom and wanted to re-do it, so we got her a duvet, shabby chic light blue with dark pink and rose flowers. I also found a blue table which is now her nightstand and 2 chair cushions that match perfectly, in stripes. She loves it all and had fun putting it together last night.
I no longer work at the markets for my MIL. Just got too busy, especially with school starting. And I realized I was starting to hate it and it was really affecting my mood and family and my weekends. But I have an idea for a new way to make money, which I will blog about later.

No comments: